ASM leads in case study development and teaching methodology
ASM believes in the case study methodology of injecting corporate flavor to the syllabus of its managements students. Case studies are developed by the in-house faculty and live case studies are jointly developed in collaboration with CETYS University, Mexico (WASC accredited) and Vistula University, Warsaw, Poland.
The ASM faculty members so far have developed more than 100 case studies on Indian businesses and on current economic affairs in the Indian economy, and also have developed a few live case studies on industries in Mexico. Some of the efforts taken by ASM as an initiative to promote case study methodology culture in the institute are as mentioned below:
ASM’s IBMR faculty have authored a book titled ‘Case Studies in Management’ published by M/S Pearson Education Ltd. in March 2011 on a pan-India publication. This book has received a very good response from its readers and is now available as an e-book also.
The faculty pool consists the best of the industry and academia, thereby providing students an opportunity of hearing and learning straight from the ‘Horse’s Mouth’, the intricacies and relevance of theoretical aspects in application. By following unique teaching methodologies, wherein mainstream teaching is supported by industry interaction, the faculty brings to the classroom contemporary information and a realistic view of global business. The main focus of the faculty lies in the holistic development of each student, enhancing their business skills, technical skills and soft skills, as well as the overall personality development of students.
ASM's core faculty
- Faculty members include experts from industry, academia & government bodies.
- Experts from the industry act as part time faculty members.
- Global exposure through regularly visiting foreign faculty.
- Holistic development of students through various educational, social and cultural activities.
- Contemporary teaching methods.
- Co-curricular activities
- Interactive business games
- Inter-collegiate competitions
- Mentoring & counseling
- Case studies
- Industry Institute Interfacing
- Study tours
- Extracurricular activities
- Team building exercises
- Overseas internships
- Intra-collegiate competitions
- Industry visits